Signs of Qayamat
"I believe in ALLAH, in His Angels, His Scriptures, His Prophets, the Day of Judgment, and in the fact that every thing good or bad (in the world) is pre-destined by ALLAH the Exalted, and in the resurrection after death."
Belief of a Shia for Signs of Qayamat is:
That their 12th Imam will come out from the cave of "Sura Man Raye", in Iraq, near the Qayamat. Let have a look of this belief;
The promised Mehdi, who is usually mentioned by his title of Imam-e-Asr (the Imam of the "Period") and Sahib al-Zaman (the Lord of the Age), is the son of the eleventh Imam. His name is the same as that of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). He was born in Samarah in 256-868 and until 260-872 when his father was martyred, lived under his father's care and guidance. Sayyada Hakima who was the sister of the 10th Imam (Imam Taqi) relates that she went to her nephew's (11th Imam, Imam Hassan Askari) house for Iftaar on the 14th of Shaban 255 A.H. The 11th Imam asked her to stay as his son was to be born soon. There was no sign of pregnancy on Sayyada Narjis. The 11th Imam asked her to recite Surat-ul-Qadr on Sayyada Narjis. At the time of Fajr on 15th Shaban Sayyada Hakima heard the Surat being recited from the womb of Sayyada Narjis. The 11th imam told her that the birth would occur very soon. As soon as the 12th Imam was born he did Sajdah and proclaimed the oneness of ALLAH and the Prophethood of the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w). The last Imam was hidden from public view and only a few of the elite among the Shia were able to meet him. After the martyrdom of his father he became Imam and by Divine Command went into occultation (Ghaybat). What is this Ghaybat? It is discussed below. Thereafter he appeared only to his deputies (Naib) and even then only in exceptional circumstances. The Imam's Ghaybat (occultation) was in two phases, Ghaybat-e-Sughra (minor occultation) was for about 69 years, 260 A.H. (872 A.D.) to 329 A.H. (939 A.D.) and the Ghaybat-e-Kubra (greater occultation) started in 329 A.H. (939 A.D.) and will continue until ALLAH (s.w.t) so wills. The 6th Imam, Sadiq states the reason of the Ghaybat as prevention against being killed. Ishaq Bin Yaqoob (on authority from 12th Imam) says that all the Imams were under oppressive rulers. Our 12th Imam is hidden in order to rise in arms with obedience to no one. Muhammad Bin Yaqoob Kulayni, the author of Asool Kaafi, said that Ghaybat is a test from ALLAH to test the steadfastness of belief in Imam. What is the view of Ghaybat-e-Kubra?. It is that Imam's Ghaybat is described by the Ayema like that of Prophet Yusuf (a.s) who was amongst His brothers yet they did not recognize him. Imam is known to meet a believer on 3 occasions:
1. At the time of trouble.
2. He is present at every Hajj.
3. He attends the funeral of every believer who has no religious obligations pending on him/her e.g. Khums.
During this time he continues to guide. Numerous letters have been received from him by (to quote a few) Ishaq Bin Yaqoob, Sheikh Mufeed...
"It is reported that 30 people all over the world meet with him regularly". "It is also reported that Jazira-tul-Khadra (green islands or Bermuda Triangle) is a vast land in Imam's kingdom occupied by a large number of Shia and governed by Imam's family". Following are the responsibilities in the state of Ghaybat-e-Kubra;
1. Pray for the safety of Imam at all time.
2. Be in waiting for Imam at all times.
3. Give Sadqa for Imam.
4. Pray for his re-appearance.
5. Whenever faced with difficulty (whether small or big), don't ask the help from ALLAH, but ask for assistance from Imam.
6. Whenever his name is heard or recited, one should stand if possible, send Salams on him, put hand on head and bow.
7. If possible perform Hajj/Umrah for Imam. (Hajj must be done after own Wajibaat).
When this Imam will come out from that cave? Lets have a look on their belief;
"The actual time of appearance is only known by ALLAH". However various indications have been given by our Ayema.
1. It will be the day of Friday.
2. It will be the 10th of Muharram.
3. The century will be an odd number.
4. There will be both a solar and lunar eclipse (Chaand Girhan and Sooraj Girhan) in the month of Ramadan but contrary to all norms and calculations.
5. A voice will be heard announcing the appearance of Imam which will be heard by all in their own language.
6. Imam Ali related to Saasa Bin Sawhaan, that the 12th Imam will appear when;
1. There will be a loud noise from the sky with which the eardrums will pierce.
2. Nasibian (Sunni's) of Iraq will burn on all four sides.
3. Basra will be abandoned.
4. Turkey will be ruled by Usmani's.
5. People will usurp that which they are trusted with.
6. People will kill the Salaa. (It will not be abandoned but its essence destroyed).
7. People will carry music in their pockets.
On the 25th Zul Hajj, the announcement will be made and the announcer killed (this is the blood of Nafs-e-Zakiya pure soul, those whose blood will touch the Kaaba and who is mentioned in numerous prophecies). His blood will be avenged 2 weeks later when Imam will appear himself at the Kaaba.
1. Those who answer the first call will be 313 in number.
2. Imam's army will consist of 10.000 Momineen.
3. Imam will establish his government in Kufa and his treasury in Masjid-us-Sahla.
When the Imam will come what will happen and why? Lets have a look for also this false traditions;
Other Prophets (a.s) will join the Imam. Eesa (a.s), Khizr (a.s), Ilyas (a.s) and Idrees (a.s) will give allegiance to the Imam, when he reapers. Also Jibreel (a.s.) will announce 313 companions of the Imam. These 313 companions will be people of eminent piety, great knowledge and absolutely steadfast in their determination and faith towards the Imam and true Shia. Another 1000 people will be in the army of the Imam who will fight battles and kill enemies like Dajjal, who will appear from India. Dajjal will have the musical tunes with him.
So this was a short belief of the Imam (12th) near the signs of Qayamat for the Shia's. Let us see when He will come out from the cave and will kill the Nasibi (Sunni's).